23 Rap Songs That Will Wake You The Fuck Up


via BuzzFeed

Conscious rap isn’t just a thing of the past. Here are some of the best socially charged rap songs of the new millennium.

"Be Free," J. Cole

"Be Free," J. Cole

"Can you tell me why / Every time I step outside I see my n***as die / I'm lettin' you know / That there ain't no gun they make that can kill my soul."

BuzzFeed

"Alright," Kendrick Lamar

"Alright," Kendrick Lamar

"We been hurt, been down before / N***a, when our pride was low / Lookin' at the world like, 'Where do we go?' / We hate po-po / Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho / N***a, I'm at the preacher's door / My knees gettin' weak, and my gun might blow / But we gon' be alright."

BuzzFeed

"Strange Fruition," Lupe Fiasco

"Strange Fruition," Lupe Fiasco

"Now I can't pledge allegiance to your flag / 'Cause I can't find no reconciliation with your past / When there was nothing equal for my people in your math / You forced us in the ghetto and then you took our dads."

BuzzFeed

"Reagan," Killer Mike

"Reagan," Killer Mike

"They declared the war on drugs like a war on terror / But what it really did was let the police terrorize whoever / But mostly black boys, but they would call us 'n*****s' / And lay us on our belly, while they fingers on they triggers / They boots was on our head, they dogs was on our crotches / And they would beat us up if we had diamonds on our watches."

BuzzFeed


View Entire List ›

No comments:

NEWS