Scarlett Johansson Looks Back On The Roles That Prepared Her For "Lucy"



via BuzzFeed

From The Avengers to Lost in Translation , Johansson’s done a lot of homework to ready her for her latest movie.



Scarlett Johansson at the March 2014 premiere Of Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier in Los Angeles.


Getty Images


Since her feature film debut in 1994's North at age 9, Scarlett Johansson has played dozens of dynamic female characters, from anhedonic teens to New Jersey princesses. Basically, the only commonality between the women she's played is how different they are from one another.


"I look for roles I know I can do, but I don't know exactly how I'm going to do them," Johannson told BuzzFeed while promoting her latest film Lucy, out in theaters on July 25. "I want to have some sort of abstract of the path of a character ... but I'd rather play a part that makes me uncomfortable than play a part I know I can play because I've played them before. There's nothing for me to really contribute if I don't have a certain level of nervous excitement."


The 29-year-old actress admits she had that feeling about tackling the unique role of Lucy — an unremarkable American forced by the mob to mule an experimental drug out of Taipei who slowly gains access to her brain's full potential after the baggie of drugs explodes in her stomach.


But this wasn't completely untrodden ground for Johansson, since Lucy channels elements of five of the actress' earlier roles.



The Weinstein Company




View Entire List ›



No comments:

NEWS