What's Next For Joss Whedon?


via BuzzFeed

There are several projects Whedon’s been attached to since joining the Marvel Studios fold, directing 2012’s The Avengers and the upcoming sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron. The filmmaker gives BuzzFeed News his updates for all of them.

Big Giant Me EP

Big Giant Me EP

BuzzFeed News broke the story last August that Whedon was collaborating with singer-songwriter Shawnee Kilgore on a six-song EP. The two met via Kickstarter when Whedon helped fund Kilgore's own second full-length album.

"Shawnee and I have written a couple more songs. But she got kicked to the curb along with everything else in my life when I realized, Oh, I literally can't think about anything else [but Age of Ultron]. So she's been very sweet, and she's putting out the album that I helped Kickstart. That's something that I will pick up again in May. We're pretty close."

Courtesy Shawnee Kilgore

Dr. Horrible 2

Dr. Horrible 2

It's been seven years since Whedon's DIY musical broke the internet, and pretty much everyone involved with it has been hard at work elsewhere: Nathan Fillion on ABC's Castle, Felicia Day with her YouTube channel Geek & Sundry, Simon Helberg on CBS' The Big Bang Theory, collaborators Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and star Neil Patrick Harris with his upcoming NBC variety special (as well as possibly going for his awards ceremony host EGOT). Still, fans have dearly hoped for a sequel — and they aren't alone.

"We've done a lot of work on it, including a bunch of songs. But I was starting to feel like, I don't know if that's [possible]. Everybody's so busy, and we've all changed. I saw Neil do Hedwig [on Broadway], and went backstage, and the first thing he said was, 'When are we doing a sequel?!' I'm like, OK! Maybe that's still on! So it'll be interesting to see when we come up for air on it. Not sure. But god knows, we have the people. We have the technology. We can rebuild it."

Mutant Enemy Productions

Wastelanders

Wastelanders

After Dr. Horrible's success, Whedon spoke openly of creating another web series with writer Warren Ellis (pictured) that Ellis has called "a funny horrible story about the end of the world," but that's about as far as things have progressed.

"I still talk to Warren about it. I still think it's interesting. It was built around a sort of internet paradigm that probably is a little old-fashioned. It was built in my mind when still nobody was doing anything. So I sort of need to look at the landscape."

Michael Buckner / Getty Images

Con Man

Firefly star Alan Tudyk launched a wildly successful crowdfunding campaign for this web series, based on Tudyk's experience as an actor on a beloved cult favorite sci-fi TV show that was canceled well before its time. (Sound familiar?) Fellow Browncoat Nathan Fillion will also star and produce. Whedon has endorsed the project, but he's got to be on it, right?

"Well, I hope I'm involved! I think I'd rather play the guy who canceled it. I think that would be hilarious. Just, like, bitter. Constantly justifying himself. 'This is a business! I had to do it!'"

vimeo.com


View Entire List ›

No comments:

NEWS